Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Kidnapper? Moi?

One of the preparations that we think we need to make for our trip to France is to be sure that my wife doesn't get arrested as a kidnapper.

Several countries require that you be able to prove that if you have your child, but not your spouse, with you, you're not kidnapping the child. Depending on who you ask (French consulate, Air France, Dulles International), you don't need any proof/need a notarized letter signed by both parents/need a Parental Authorization form.

So there's at least a chance that I'll go to France first, as planned.... and my wife and daughter won't get there at all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that when I was underage I couldn't even fly into Mexico with my mom unless we had proof like that. Had to reschedule and fly out the next day with the papers. I guess it makes sense but it was annoying haha (I just wanted to go on vacation!).

Cerulean Bill said...

It appears that 16 is the cut-off -- past that, you get an adult passport.