Friday, March 11, 2011

One Sentence

These are all from the One Sentence true stories site, which is frequently amusing and occasionally heart-stopping.

His strict, Catholic, pure-minded mother caught us having sex on the pool table.
This past Valentine's Day, I woke up in one man's bed and made it home just in time to accept a flower delivery from another.
When I was 11, my Mom and Dad made me give away the dog I had since I was 4 because we were getting a new couch.
It was only on the drive home that I realized that the woman I was trying to woo held the handshake just a little too long.
Out of all the things I've done in life, teaching my once abused shelter cat how to play might be what I'm the most proud of.


(Have to admit, I don't get the point of the handshake one, but the image is compelling anyway.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My guess is that holding the handshake just a little too long might mean the woman is actually a man...just my guess.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thats what I thought of, but I couldn't figure it. Then I thought 'Okay, something ELSE is being communicated, but what?' Still puzzled.

Liked the cat thing, though.