Monday, March 28, 2011

Attitudes

I had two indications of changed attitudes today.

For one, I was driving on a narrow road behind a guy who was straying over the center line. What an idiot, I thought, keeping well back. As I pulled up behind him at the stop sign, I noted that his van had Hillary 08 and Obama/Biden 08 stickers. Well, I thought, he's not so bad.

For the other, I was talking with my daughter, and she mentioned that she was thinking about asking for birth control meds, as they would reduce the intensity of her monthly cycle. I thought When she was younger, I'd have said No Way to that, no matter what the reason -- but now that she's seventeen, I think Well, maybe its a good idea... no matter what the reason.

2 comments:

STAG said...

Yeah. Regulation. Yeah. Good reason.

Cerulean Bill said...

I was mildly pleased that she felt she could talk with me about it.