Monday, November 22, 2010

GN,BN

It's been a good news, bad news kind of day.

The good news is, our insurance company is going to pay for a roof covering replacement, as well as replacement of aluminum siding on two sides of the house, which, we're assured, will cover the cost of vinyl siding with thicker insulation on all sides.

The bad news is, my wife's company is still laying off qualified, talented, competent people. Not her, yet, but I tell her that it's only a matter of time until they completely dump every single person they got when they bought her company. And yes, they expect loyalty.

4 comments:

genderist said...

That's great news about your roof!

I'm sorry about your wife's company. That's just terrible to do that to people. I work with a lady whose husband works for a paper company - they've been worried about the same thing for about a year and a half. Frustrating.

Tabor said...

I am assuming she is actively looking for employment elsewhere?

Cerulean Bill said...

No, she's not. Like me, she panics at the very thought. She has no confidence that any one else would want to hire her for any but the most menial of jobs.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm pretty sure that this is how her corporate overlords view her and her compatriots.