Friday, November 19, 2010

Drinking

I'm drinking a cup of coffee at the moment.

It's a new brand to me -- one of the packaged (I was going to say Prepackaged, but that's redundant, and as I tend to bristle when I see recipes note (as they always do) to Preheat the oven (I'm with George Carlin on this one), propagating the use of Prepackaged would have been just wrong) -- as I say, one of the packaged Starbucks, a Vanilla flavored one. It's not bad.

We used to drink a lot of coffee -- almost every morning -- and once we discovered Ghiradelli flavored coffee, it tended to be about one third plain coffee, two thirds G. Then my wife discovered that regular coffee tend to have an unfortunate and scary side effect on her, and so we switched to decaf for the plain, while I slowly drank the remainder of the G. We later found that G did make decaf versions of some of their things, so we would get them as we thought of it. It got to be a ritual -- every three or four months, order six or seven bags of the stuff. Years ago, we found a company that sold coffee flavorings, and we liked that a lot, so much so that we ordered a whole mess of it. When we ran out, we went to order more, only to find that now they only sold the stores, doncha know. Irritating, but we got over it once we found the flavored coffee. Now I find that the online company where I buy G coffee has instituted a new system that makes it harder to search their inventory (easier for them, I’m sure), and I wonder:

Are the tea-makers of the world behind this?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't get between me and my Starbuck's in the morning... :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

A former coworker swore he would stagger into one each morning and they'd make what he wanted without him telling them -- because at that point in time, he was too incoherent to do so. What he didn't understand was how, given his state, he even managed to get there.

Unknown said...

I know that feeling... Thank heavens for "autopilot" mode. :-)