Monday, February 15, 2010

WhyFi

So why aren't there blood glucose monitors with WiFi capability? I keep a spreadsheet of morning and evening numbers, and sometimes one or two more, but it'd be nice to be able to wirelessly transfer all of them..... Gotta be possible.

In other news, my doc says my blood pressure's great, and my cholesterol numbers are great. We'll know in a day or so how the BSG numbers are, but I expect them to be pretty damn good, too. Now, if I could just see some results of doing the bike....

2 comments:

genderist said...

It's totally possible... and it should be real life technology.

I've seen at the endocrinologist's office that some people have monitors that they bring in and upload to the doctor's computer. They don't have to keep up with any of it.

Cerulean Bill said...

The monitor that I have does have the capability of offloading data, if you're willing to buy the expensive cable. I'm not. Doing a search finds patents for wireless monitors, and 'any day now' comments, but no devices.

I don't know much about portable medical devices. Wouldn't mind knowing more. Betcha SOMEONE is working on it -- or, if not it, directly, then something that could be made to perform that function.

By someone smarter than me.