Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Organized

I like it when I see women handling things themselves -- sort of the antithesis of the honey I can't do this, will you do it for me? helpless syndrome. Not that that's necessarily bad to defer, on occasion -- I have things that I rely on my wife to do, and she has the reverse.

But the idea that a woman needs a guy to handle things around the house -- well, that's just plain silly. I think the ability to do things for your house can be empowering.

So Chica and Jo impresses the hell out of me. Way to go.

6 comments:

Chica and Jo said...

What a nice thing to say, Bill. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oooh a new favorite blog to peruse!

I am firm believer in females being able to do things for themselves and not having to rely on a man because the man is expected to know that specific skill. Never really liked the idea of the gendering of skill sets. If I want to fix the toilet I am going to do it damnit! :-)

Cerulean Bill said...

This is where I say Harrumph!, right?

Unknown said...

I think so. Then you give some speech about how I should just stay in the kitchen and cook :-P

Cerulean Bill said...

Damn straight. And you'd better not have shoes on in there, either. (I know you're not married, so I'll skip the other part of that couplet.)

Though back in my day....

Harrumph!

Cerulean Bill said...

Which reminds me of that line from Blazing Saddles....