Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday

Saying that I'll be out to pick up my wife and daughter when they get back from the color guard fandango tonight, because a) I almost never can get to sleep while they're out, and b) I know they'll be tired from the long day, so this will save her from having to drive, sounded good around 2PM this afternoon. Right now, as I'm yawning, and thinking I could go to sleep right now, it doesn't feel quite so hot. So, I'm doing some baking -- trying my hand at some kaiser rolls. I came to the realization some time ago that using Peter Reinhart's directions to bake something is only for the confident baker; people at my skill level need more explicit, more careful guidance. Which is to say that I have no idea if these things will become Kaiser rolls, or if they'll even be edible. But it gave me something to do.

While the dough was rising, I watched a DVD of the Star Trek movie. When we bought our TV, I thought that would be a good movie to watch on a big screen. And it is. But, one twice as big as ours would not have been amiss. Still, I liked it. And I confirmed at least one suspicion from when we saw it it in the theater -- Uhura's just there to look cute. She has almost no function in the main plot. Too bad, actually. I would have liked more than just eye candy.

I should be hungry -- I haven't had any dinner -- but I'm not. Without my wife around, my meals tend to be a lot more haphazard, and are frequently things like a cheese sandwich or a bowl of cereal. And as I had cereal for lunch, a cheese sandwich -- with a spicy mustard -- might be just the ticket. But first, I want to get out there and bake those rolls. Or whatever they're destined to be.
=========

Not bad. Need to work on getting them to stay sealed, but overall, not bad at all....

No comments: