Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dinner and a Show

Last night, we went out to the Lebanese restaurant. It was.... interesting.

I was mildly pleased with the food. Visually, it wasn't all that great -- certain gross analogies occurred to me when I saw it, which I didn't mention. I guess presentation wasn't big on their list of important things, and that's okay. It did have an interesting taste, and there was certainly a lot of it. I had to clamp my mouth a couple of times when my sister in law, who used to live near Los Angeles and still has much of the attitudes, would say how wonderful and how marvelous and how outstanding it was. I'm not a big one for exclaiming about food -- I might say this burger's not bad, and that would be if I really liked it. She followed it up with announcements about having eaten Lebanese food frequently, from the bus that comes around when I'm down in Washington, there's always a line, it's soooo good -- which, I told my wife once we were home, I didn't care for. (It sounded pretentious to me, but mentioning it turned out not the best idea in the world). At the end of dinner, there was a show: one of the waitresses did an extended belly dance, complete with veils and a flashing scimitar. I was impressed by her energy and flexibility, to put it mildly. And then we milled around for ten minutes while my sister-in-law tried to find what she'd done with her car keys.

Overall, not too bad. I'd do it again. Just us.

No comments: