Sunday, February 21, 2010

Slow Day

The daughteoid got home around 530 this morning and immediately crashed for six hours. Now she's working on homework, and is as cheerful as that suggests.

While we were at my mother in law's house, we spent some time talking about houses. I'm still in favor of adding onto this house to make it long-term livable. It did occur to me that we could look into one of those 'riding seat' deals that you see advertised for stairways (we'd have to get two, since it's a bilevel with an entry between floors), but I'm not too fond of that. How do you carry stuff? Not to mention, how much space does the seat take up, even collapsed?

Spent a little time last night doing some research on that hospital's software. I don't get the impression that the woman running the project particularly cares, but I like knowing the ins and out of the stuff. Makes helping the users easier -- every so often someone says wish we could... and its nice when you can say well, in fact, you can!

My wife says that her company is again making sounds of laying off people. We both doubt she'll be able to stay there as long as she wants, which is another six years. She's already been there about 27 years, which is amazing. If something should happen, I imagine I'll start taking retirement from the first company I worked for, which will give me about $200 a month. I'll also talk with some people about looking for a job. Not particularly eager for that, but, hey, if that's what it takes to get us both to full retirement without drawing down assets, there's no question.

Just took a walk with my wife. First one in weeks. I liked it.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Fingers crossed that she can stay a little longer...

Cerulean Bill said...

Us, too. Turns out HP is just as good as communicating in a clear and honest way as EDS was.