Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday

Thor's Day. I'd imagine that around Valhalla, if the morning felt as sluggish as this one, people would learn to duck, pretty quick, when they saw the Thunder God staggering out for his morning coffee, his mighty war hammer dangling loosely from one muscled wrist. Whats this crap? he would roar if the morning brew wasn't to his liking, and start whirling that thing into a blinding shield of corruscating energy that could level a mountain, hurling lightning bolts that fused the silverware and sent the place settings flying -- and then flinching as Odin bellowed What the hell is going on out there? Is that you again, Thor? I thought I told you to leave that axe back in your room until after breakfast!

Not that life is so...exciting, here. I got up, DTB'd, and now I'm cooking breakfast. We did get a tiny bit of good news yesterday -- the medical coverage for the bone graft is going to be several thousand dollars (which gives you an idea just how staggering the total cost is). Every little bit helps.

And we're going to get the Prius. We're down to color and options. I'd like Red (preferably Candy Apple Red, but they don't have that) or Silver; my wife just wants a light color. And the options will be minimal. The only one I'd like that we likelly will not get will be the digital map, which isn't that big a deal for an around-town vehicle.

Just a second, Thor, let me get you a refill.

7 comments:

Rach said...

Red Prius .. very nice! When it comes to colours, I always go for something that's not going to show the dirt. We bought black once .. and NEVER again!

Good news on that insurance contribution to your dental needs. Wow, if that's just a small percentage, I surely do not want to know the entire amt. Yikes!

Cerulean Bill said...

Black shows the dirt? Funny, thats why I didn't want white !

Sweeti said...

White isn't so bad really, I've owed black and white vehicles and the white ones always looked the cleanest longest.
Besides that the meaning of color white (exudes confidence)
...That and red vehicles get more tickets and are hard to see in bad weather along with silver which BTW, fades fastest even with a clear coat sealer. It's the metallic properties in the paint.

Sweeti said...

Ps. I enjoyed your rendition of Thor and Odin. As you might already know my family heritage is of the Scandinavian roots and I always try imagine what life would have been like in those times...hmmmm, a visual insight.

Cerulean Bill said...

I had a friend who owned a bright red Mustang and a green Porsche, which could go MUCH faster -- and did. And you're right, the Mustang got more tickets. But I suppose a Prius wouldn't have too much problem with speeding -- though if the rumours about the turboprius (next year, maybe) are true, that might change.

Sweeti said...

Your under estimating the prius I have been in one and it wasn't doggy by any means on the contrary it had some get up and go.

Cerulean Bill said...

I don't think its a slug. I'm a little worried about the acceleration, but I think it will be like the van, which is not slow, but not a rocket (unlike the Buick we're selling, which IS). Once I got used to that, it was NBD, and I'm hoping that will be the case here. If not -- well, its intended for my wife's mostly-city commute, not my mostly-highway. I'm also a little worried about the steering: when I drove one, it felt like a toy -- small wheel (again, compared to the van) and a kind of 'go-cart' feeling when I made a turn- no tactile feedback to the steering wheel on the turn.

We're going to try it out again tomorrow, but the odds are, this is it. I do wish we could get the map option, but I'm not willing to pay much for it.