Friday, April 13, 2007

Fried-Day

It's Friday, and I'm feeling a bit fried. Part of that is a slight cold that I've managed to pick up; most of it is the events at work that I've described earlier. About which, I'll just say this: I made reasonable mistakes, doing a function with no assistance, oversight, or review that might have caught them. I'm sorry they happened. If they want to fire me over it (doubtful, but possible), so be it. I don't want that to occur, but as the plan is to work until December and then quit, it wouldn't be an overwhelming loss. So, we'll see.

Making plans for the summer, already. My daughter wants to go to multiple local events held by the township rec board, which is cool. She also wants to go to a Girl Scout camp, also cool, but the camp is three and a half hours from here. Not cool. It doesn't help that the camp is oriented toward seriously outdoors-type kids, which she isn't, but the primary eliminator is the distance. We'll go to the ends of the earth for you, kiddo, but not three and a half hours away. Sorry.

Today I go to get fingerprinted at the local cop shop (a job requirement, though, given events, that might turn out to have not been necessary (g) ); I go to the school to talk with a guidance counselor about the nature of their mentoring program; and I do some other errands. I'll be working from home, the remainder of the day.

No comments: