Monday, April 30, 2007

Dental Conversations

Yet another meeting with the dentist and staff. No real bad news, and some good news.

Good news first. He now thinks he can bump his overall price down another notch - not a big number, but any number greater than zero... - and he thinks that the work by the plastic surgeon might turn out to be be covered as well.

He does seem to be a little apprehensive about the grafting surgery, though, referring to it as 'fairly sophisticated' work. Funny, they didn't use that word anywhere in the cheerful literature in his waiting room. My impression is that he thinks it will work, and provide him with enough underlying bone to be able to do what he wants to do, but he's not positive of it. If it doesn't, the chances of success go way down.

So, we'll press on, and see what happens. I tell my wife that I always assumed I'd end up with dentures, and if thats the way it goes, so be it. Might end up with a hybrid -- implants on the sides, denture in the middle. I could live with that.

I just want to get it done.

No comments: