Thursday, April 19, 2007

Early Action

After being reminded by my oral surgeons reaction that I really do take a lot of drugs (and not the fun kind, either), I thought that perhaps I ought to do something about it.

The way I did the math is, the type of drugs I take aren't likely to substantially change, but the quantity seems to be related to my size. To lessen the amount of them, there should be less of me. Well, of course, my track record on that is just as good as most people's, but I do recall the one time that I actually was successful in such an effort -- it was just after we'd bought an exercise bike, and started using it religiously. We were doing it for strength, but after about a month, we both noticed that there was a size effect, too. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was definitely there.

So, I thought "I should do that again". I went through the probably - predictable cycle of 'I should do that thirty minutes every day' to 'I should do that twenty minutes every day' to 'I should do that ten or fifteen minutes, most days'. I couldn't talk myself into planning to do it less than that, so this morning, I actually Did The Bike. Lowest possible intensity, slow pace, 16 minutes. But I did it.

I am trying hard not to think of how soon tomorrow morning comes.

3 comments:

Narie said...

I've lost 60 pounds in about a years time. I still have about 7 more to go, but mainly it's just really the need to tone up now.

I was skinny all my life, but got pregnant, so I quit smoking, which packed on a wallop, then having child packed on more, followed by another pregnancy and voila 60+ pounds overweight.

I did it using the Weight Watcher Core plan and using a recumbent bike, as I have foot problems and it's not weight-bearing. If my lazy butt could do it, anyone can!

Losing weight is all just a numbers game, assuming the person doesn't have a metabolism problem. Gotta burn more than you consume. But it takes so much work to burn it! Good luck! Either way, any exercise is good for you, no matter how much or little you get.

Cerulean Bill said...

I appreciate that. My sole advantage is that I haven't done this a lot, so I don't have a track record of failure. And I know its possible. Keeping it that way -- well, thats another question.

Narie said...

I think what helped me was having low expectations. No seriously! I didn't expect it to come off fast or easy and it ended up being alot easier than I thought it would be.

My first time at the gym I lasted about 15 minutes and was about to collapse, it was emabarassing lol.