Monday, April 17, 2006

Day Note

What kind of day did I have today? The kind where, when you find out that your daughter, skating down the driveway for the first time this year, grabbed the lamp post and knocked off the glass array at the top -- and it just feels like part of the day.

It started grimly --neither of us could get out of bed without groaning about it -- and then at work, started equally fun -- my PC would not start -- progressed through the sloughs of despair -- I was irritated about something that was my fault (which made it worse) and ready to quit -- as in, if there had been a 'click here to quit', that button would have been depressed eighty seven times in a three second interval -- then sludged through tedium -- I was asked to create documentation for an audit -- and finally arrived at lunch.

By an hour later, things were improving slightly -- my wife had prescribed eating, and damned if that didn't help -- and by the middle of the afternoon, they were almost bearable -- which is when I got the call about the lamp post. We spun it, telling her she did right to tell us the truth immediately about it -- my thinking being that while I was not happy, she's heading into the years where it is maximally important that she feel comfortable in telling us the truth, so this is a good thing. Then I gave someone information that turned out not only to be wrong, but exactly backward. Sigh.

Good thing Mondays only come once a week. I believe I'll go make myself a cheeseburger.

No comments: