Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cars


I saw two cars today that amazed me. Well, actually, it was the combination of the cars and their drivers.

The first was a PT Cruiser. It looked something like this, except that it was painted a bright, glossy, candy apple red.






The other car was a silver-grey Jaguar sedan. It looked something like this:











So what's so amazing about these?

The first: I had seen the car many times, and from its sporty air I thought it belonged to one of the young guys in our office. Turns out its driven by a stocky elderly man with white hair.

The second: I thought nothing of the car until I noticed that it was being driven by a glossy-looking blonde woman, at which point I immediately thought: trophy wife.

With those kinds of reactions, what kind of car would I be?





Yeah, that's about right.

6 comments:

Sweeti said...

Bill I don't know why but I'm having a sense of humor over this topic, Maybe it's all the trophy wives that I just seen on my trip. Or maybe it's the car you picked to represent yourself.
I have to ask myself do you really think of yourself like that or are you down playing it just a bit?
I rather enjoyed the Pt Cruiser and would claim it for my own.

Cerulean Bill said...

Not really -- but I was more than a little surprised by my reaction to each of them. Old guys who look like someone's grandfather don't drive sporty fun cars, do they? And glossy women in expensive cars couldn't possibly have bought them for themselves, could they?

Yup, thats what I thought.

Jeannie said...

Old guys who look like grandfathers are the only ones who can afford sports cars. I have noticed practically all the hottest cars around are driven by mature men. Around here the PT's are considered an old fogey car - never have a young person behind the wheel - I didn't know they came in convertible though.

Narie said...

I was about to post the same thing as Jeannie, the Cruiser is almost always driven by an older person everywhere I have lived since it first hit the market. It looks like a fun car. I think it's great, when I get old I don't want to lose my sassiness dangit.

Sweeti said...

Well, I think I need to pick again if that's the case...1956 Ford Thunderbird fully restored and modern conveniences added like air and cd player. They have been my best possible match since I can remember.

Cerulean Bill said...

All of which reminds me of the tagline that I've always liked -- Old is ten years older than whatever age I currently am.

Cars are a funny thing. I didn't care for the PTC -- didn't like it, didn't dislike it -- but when I saw that candy apple red color, I thought Wow! That's GOT to belong to someone who likes to drive fast! (Which attitude I get from a friend who had a dark grey Porsche -- she said that she always got stopped in her bright red and aging Mustang, hardly ever in the Porsche -- although she usually went much faster in the latter. )

I don't think I have a dream car. Used to be a Mustang, but now I see those old guys in their Z3s and think Nah, not me. Not sure what WOULD be me... though on a bad day, that last one does come close.