Friday, April 14, 2006

Chizboigah Chizboigah

Which is, of course, a reference to a skit on the original Saturday Night Live. I liked it, and I like cheeseburgers. I think that they can be classic comfort food.

Here's a recipe I found at Cook It Simply:

Cheese Burger recipe

Ingredients

1 lb (450 g) lean minced beef
2 oz (50 g) fresh breadcrumbs
4 tbsp (60 ml) milk
1 small onion, skinned and finely grated
1/2 level tsp (2.5 ml) prepared mustard
1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
buns and lettuce to serve
slice's of Cheddar cheese

Method

1. Combine all the ingredients, except the butter, and divide into eight equal-sized pieces.

2. Shape each into a 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick cake.

3. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the burgers, three or four at a time and fry briskly for 1 minute on each side.

4. Reduce heat and cook more slowly for a further 6 - 8 minutes, turning twice.

5. hen the burger is cooked, place a slice of Cheddar cheese over the top and grill until the cheese is bubbling.

Serve in a lettuce-lined bun.

4 comments:

Vica said...

Oh, I am definitely going to be making these. I enjoy a comforting, satisfying cheeseburger. And, as the Food Network lady says, "buttah" makes the other ingredients taste better. Yummm.

Cerulean Bill said...

Knowing nothing about you EXCEPT that you like the sound of that cheeseburger, Vica, I can say this: I like the sound of you!

I hope that you enjoy it.

STAG said...

Brenda makes a ham loaf which is to die for. She hates the pea soup I make, so fine....I'll use the bones....you use the meat. We agree on the crusty bits on the outside of the ham....

Cerulean Bill said...

Complementarity -- I love it !