Saturday, April 29, 2006

CCM

There is something in my worldview that is endlessly intrigued by hearing of people doing nifty and unusual things with information technology. I find myself thinking Man, that'd be fun. Of course, it's probably hard work, and likely focused on specific areas, and requires all kinds of knowledge I don't have, so it just stays in the back of my mind (except for the times when I'm lambasting myself for not having drive, imagination, and all of that).

It just happened again. In an article in the Washington Post, a fellow was mentioned as having a job where he advised and assisted lawyers with computer related questions. I'm guessing its not 'how do I turn on tables in Word' and more 'how can we get this document over to that office super quick without paying a bundle for new technology', or 'what's the meaning and implication of the following info-tech buzzwords'. Whatever, it just sounded like fun, so for grins I looked up the guy's name in Google, giving it Washington as another search term, and it came up that he worked in 'complex case management'.

Does that sound like fun, or what?

No comments: