Monday, July 18, 2011

F....orvo

I like the Forvo site. I will frequently pronounce English words on it for people who speak other languages, and I've used it to learn how native French speakers say words. (It's not always the way that Rosetta Stone does it. Frequently, yes. Always, no.)

So when a couple of users asked me to say a couple of phrases instead of an individual word -- like central nervous system -- I said sure, no problem. Nice to be recognized. Except that they apparently have rules, and one of them is that you can't add phrases. Okay, fine. I can understand that. But I think I wish they'd said that, up front. To which the answer is likely We did. Its in the Terms and Conditions. You remember, you agreed to it.

So it's ironic that I found this, this morning, here.

No comments: