Sunday, July 24, 2011

Annie and Ansel

During a very hot day in New York City (though not as torrid as yesterday, when, I swear, the copper was melting off the Statue of Liberty), my daughter found a book in Rizzoli's on the photography of Annie Liebowitz. My daughter enjoys photography; one of her great sorrows was that we made her forgo a semester of photography so that her other semeester wouldn't be overburdened.

All the way home, she pored over the book. And when she got home, she said Annie Liebowitz is a god. Of photography.

Pretty good, I agreed. Though perhaps I'd say goddess. By the way, ever heard of Ansel Adams?

She had not.

Equally talented. More a landscape guy, but equally talented.

She's going to check him out.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Just so you know - I'm taking notes here. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

List of Things Not To Do...