Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Schtuff

Do you suppose I could get one of those people who specializes in converting cell phones into something lethal to do something to my daughter's cell phone? Nothing lethal -- just a way to cause it to switch on and emit a loud locator beep, once every ten seconds for a minute, upon receipt of a coded call? I'd pay for that.

It's windy as hell here today. My daughter's ubergruppenfuhrer, I mean, color guard instructor, has decided that two days of practice during the vacation week aren't enough, so they'll be practicing again today. Outside? I think inside. But, you know, if that's what it takes, then of course they'll all do it gleefully. Javohl.

I don't know if I'm a sap for thinking 'terrorist' and 'fanatic' instead of 'Islamic terrorist' and 'Islamic fanatic'. I don't think so, because I think that most Muslims aren't killers. I sure would like it if they'd help us find their scummy brethren, though. Muslims may say 'Good luck with that, not our problem, they're not really Muslims', but I think that from here, they're close enough, and if they're not willing, nay, eager to help, they're asking to be painted with the same brush. Am I turning into a Republican? Or just an occasional conservative?

The Mannheim Steamroller 25th anniversary Christmas album is very good.

Last night we went to the home of our friend from work, to his annual party. He's gay. On the way over, my daughter asked me why people are opposed to gays generally and gay marriage in specific. While we were there, she and I sat on a couch and talked some about it. She told me that some of her instructors in CG are either gay or bisexual, and she knows of at least three girls in CG who are, too. I told her that teens are sometimes not sure about their own sexuality, so they experiment. When we were done, she spent about twenty minutes talking with one of the adults there -- gay? not sure, but all alone, apparently -- holding her own the whole time. I passed by, and was impressed with the quality of her conversation.

Okay, that's it for now.

4 comments:

STAG said...

Sexuality is a bombshell.

good luck with that.

Cerulean Bill said...

Seems to be going well so far. I know for sure that at her age I would never have discussed it with either parent. I heard of an actress, a lesbian, who said that she felt secure enough with her father that she could contemplate sexuality without feeling that she would lose his affection if she turned out not to be straight. I want her to have that feeling.

Tabor said...

This is the first holiday we did not go to the Mannheim Steamroller concert in the area. Regret that I did not have the energy.

Cerulean Bill said...

I don't think I've EVER been to a commercial concert. Too crowded. Though I WOULD like to hear the TransSiberian Orchestra, some day. I hear they're very good.