Friday, December 04, 2009

Santa

I just got asked to do Santa for a day care center that is about a mile from here. The guy that they'd been having for years has stopped, and they were apprehensive about just hiring someone from the newspaper -- this is, after all, a day care, so they want to be confident that they've got someone who won't turn up on a Most Wanted episode. I told them I'd be glad to do it -- and as a bonus, they knew of a cub scout troop that used the same guy, and might need someone, too. Apparently, there's a Santa Underground here....

This gives me some ideas about things I could do to liven up the Santa experience, but, as I don't want to get arrested, I don't think I will.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Wow-- being Santa is a high honor!

Do you already have a suit?

Cerulean Bill said...

Yup. Bought it about three years ago. And this year I hope, at least once, to wear my actual hair and beard (dyed white).

A little apprehensive about the homeless kids' event, and kind of bummed that the hospital decided not to do it this year, but the rest -- the office, the day care kids, and visiting at least one local family -- should be fun.