Thursday, April 04, 2013

Tech Blech

My French teacher's web site has several podcasts on it that I thought I'd listen to on the drive down to Blacksburg.  Downloaded them to my laptop, no problem.

Now how do I play them in the car?

I don't have any recordable CDs lying around.  Got a bunch of recordable DVDs, from when I thought that I could transfer recordings from TiVo (I still think that, but maybe I'm wrong;  certainly, if its possible, its not easy), but the car audio unit won't play DVDs.  There's an MP3 jack, but I tried jacking my MP3 player into it once and got zip -- my extension cord can be used to charge the player or transfer recordings, but apparently not play recordings. I could transfer the downloads to my digital recorder, but it won't 'recognize' anything that it didn't actually record itself - it indexes everything; no index, no likey.  (It's a Phillips recorder -- works very well, but way too complicated in its controls, and more than a little frustrating when all I want to do is....)

I haven't given up hope that there is a (simple) way.

Ah yes, tech's nice....when it works. 

No comments: