Saturday, April 13, 2013

Observation

I think that people who demonstrate how to use technology to disrupt society -- as in the case of the man who just gave a heavily-attended presentation on a way to use Android software to seize control of an in-flight commercial aircraft's Flight Management System - should be shot.

Bad enough to tell people that it's possible.  I suppose the info could result in others making their systems more secure.  But this guy designed a platform to make it easy - and then told people about it. Oh, this stuff, its just a sample, it couldn't be used in real life.....yeah.  Without flipping this switch, right over here...

They say oh, its good to know this stuff, you can protect yourself -- but to me, that's right up there with people who hack your home computer system and say see, I did you a favor, I showed you how insecure you are. You should go learn how to be a hacker so you can protect yourself.

Sounds remarkably like the insanity vomited out by the NRA. Hey people with guns can kill you so you should get your own guns. This feeling could be because I'm getting older, but I don't think so.

Such people are -- well, perhaps evil is an overstatement.  But in need of adult supervision....

No comments: