Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Bizarre

I was never a fan of the Three's Company series, but last night I stumbled across the original pilot -- apparently, they made three, with the same male lead for all and three different women for the two female leads -- and was surprised to find that I liked it.  Well, except for the laugh track. That was awful.Of course, I know that television back then always used laugh tracks -- I wouldn't be surprised if they contemplated using it for news programs, or at least mood music -- but now, with our refined sensibilities -- it grates.  But the rest, particularly Valerie Curtin -- was enjoyable.

"I suppose this is your bathtub?"
"Yes.  We raised it from a sink."

Nice. 

==============
Update:

"Three's Company - Rare Fi..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by DLT entertainment ltd.

No comments: