Friday, April 26, 2013

Question

When my daughter wants to leave the campus for a trip home, she has to get permission from the Corps.  To me, this is silly; unless they're going to have some kind of public parade, what's the deal?  But, you know, this is the Corps, this is our tradition.  She needs this to come home to a job interview, so she asked for it at the beginning of the week.  By Wednesday, when she still hadn't heard anything, I changed her job interview from Monday to Tuesday - forgetting, of course, that in a rigid world like the Corps' mindset, going on Tuesday instead of Monday is like going without permission.  So now I get to try to change the appointment back, and also change my hotel reservation back.....while still not knowing if she is even coming at all.

Here's the question:  how happy am I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, the military.

Worth every effort....

Blowdy Wankers...

Now for something completely different....
voice activated technology.

In Scotland.

http://dotsub.com/view/6c5d7514-5656-476a-9504-07dd4e2f6509

Cerulean Bill said...

The thing is, this isn't the military. It's not quite a bunch of kids playing army, but its in there. This week they handed out awards, citations, and all that, and I had to stop counting after about 20. Dudes, you're in college, not West Point.

Yet I know that those little bits of ribbon, the right to wear a colored aguillette -- they can motivate people. Hell, there was time when they motivated me - before I grew up.