Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dropout

It's official. I have a screw loose.

I woke up at 5 this morning to feel something metallic in my mouth. It was: one of the 'healing cap' screws from an implant.

Fortunately, I didn't swallow convulsively.

As I say: everything that could go wrong with this implant process, has. I am really expecting that at some point they'll say Um, Bill, that implant, it's been in there so long, we need to put in a new one. At which point I'll say Screw it. Give me dentures.

7 comments:

genderist said...

Oh no! That's a big bummer. :(

Cerulean Bill said...

Definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth. No pun intended.

Unknown said...

You're screwed... :-) (Sorry!)

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually, UNscrewed.....

STAG said...

Dentures are forever man....

Never heard of so many problems. My implant just started to work out sideways one day. I think the way some piercings work their way out. I had a stern talking to it and it went back to position. (Actually, I started really using it....it reseated itself.)

Its that cadaver bone though...still creepy after all these years. I suspect my implant was trying to go zombie on me.

Cerulean Bill said...

I think that if I had had just one or two implants done, this would all have been fine. That I had my whole jaw done is what screwed me.

Cerulean Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.