Sunday, April 11, 2010

Query

I'm not interested in a lot of things on a standard basis. Really. Three to five things, if that. Maybe six.

Robotics, somewhat. AI. Photography, especially composition. Baking, a lot. Politics.

Occasionally, urban design, mostly streets. A little linguistics. But not too often. And at the moment, electronic newspapers.

So why is it that I feel like I need an index card or something to remind me: This is the stuff you like to know about. Look for new info about it, and think about what you find. Or otherwise I forget that I'm interested, when I'm looking for something new to read? And go wandering off in the weeds, or sulk, thinking There's nothing interesting to read... at least, nothing that I'd understand.

Hmm? Because the only explanation I can come up with is, I'm not too bright.

If you agree with that assessment, and want to tell me, don't use big words.

6 comments:

genderist said...

Oh I don't think that's it at all. Forgetfulness and brightness aren't the same things at all.

Cerulean Bill said...

I suppose. But it sure does make me feel dumb.

Wendster said...

... at least you know what the rosetta stone is.

I rest my case.

Wendster said...

And by the way you say super intelligent stuff. Stuff that makes ME feel like an idiot.

So ... relatively speaking ... lololol ... hey ... relatively speaking maybe we are just geniuses in different areas. I think that probably IS true.

Cerulean Bill said...

You mean like the theory of different kinds of intelligence? Could be. Mine, I think, were it to be measured, would excel in the area of sloth.

Cerulean Bill said...

And I never want to make someone feel like an idiot. One of the nicest things someone ever said about me, after I'd gotten through explaining how to use a computer application, was that I didn't make him feel dumb. Twenty years later, I still am warmed by that comment.