Sunday, April 25, 2010

Idle Thoughts

We're thinking of spending a couple of days in DC after dropping our daughter off at Dulles for her trip to France. I am sure -- I would bet money on it -- that the technology exists to search for 'Small-to-moderate size hotel, elegant boutique, near Metro, near bookstores, less than $350 a night' -- but do I know where it exists? No, I do not. Fer shure, Google can't.

We had a neighbor over for brunch. It was fun. Now the china, which we don't use enough, is soaking in the sink, and I think: why isn't there a 'jacuzzi' option for sinks so that the soaking dishes get gently vibrated? Say, an 'ultrasonic cleaning option'?

We finally got a replacement for our 10 inch frying pan. Although now I learn that the pans with the vertical sizes are saute pans; the ones with the sloped sides are the fry pans. But we bought one, came home, held it to our existing pan. Noticably smaller. The top of this pan was the size of the bottom of the old one. Back to the damn store to get one size larger. When did they change what gets measured? Is it like PCs, where they measure whatever sounds the most impressive?

I'm getting used to reading the Washington Post on the PC. I kind of like it. Perhaps I will pursue getting the electronic version for the Economist, when and if I renew that.

Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. Hmm... I don't like the idea of dissing the Muslim religion. But I like the idea even less so of zealots. Pissing some of them off might be fun. If possibly hazardous to your health.

2 comments:

STAG said...

Travelocity.com

Cerulean Bill said...

I know people use that, and Orbitz, but something about them bugs me. For O, its their 'holds' that they place on credit cards. For T -- I don't remember. But something about them bugged me, last time I used them...

Besides, they don't have an 'ambiance' selection.