Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Comparisons

Sometimes it seems that we aren't sure how to react to events.

I've been trying to get implants done and done for a little over two years now. It seems that everything that could slow down the process, has. Snowstorms. Surprise vacations. Problems with the actual implants. Problems with the temporary device.

Now, the dentist who's supposed to put in the final device, and whom I had to call to remind that I was still waiting, and who then immediately scheduled an appointment for two weeks later, which is to say, tomorrow ....has had a heart attack. They rescheduled, but they're not sure he's even coming back to work, at all.

And the first thing I think of is what happens to the money I paid him for this thing? Who's going to put the damn thing in my mouth?

Only later do I think geez, poor guy....

I'm not shallow, honest. At least, I don't think I am.

4 comments:

Tabor said...

I would hope that he would have a professional insurance for this. I would hate all this waiting!

Cerulean Bill said...

I do, I really do. I've already had the dental surgeon say that the oldest implant is starting to erode because it's not getting stimulated (which happens when the final unit is in place). I am becoming a walking ad for NOT getting implants -- at least, unless one dentist does the whole thing, and expeditiously. This has been most irritating.

genderist said...

Bummer! Have you called the office to see if someone else is covering for him?

Cerulean Bill said...

Not yet. I will see if he is back at work in a week or so. If not, I will check with the dental surgeon for an alternative.

You hate to jump on the guy when he's down, but....