Monday, April 19, 2010

FitDay

My wife has been using the FitDay web site, on advice from a 'health coach' at her insurance company, for about three months. Its primary function is to track what you eat, and what the caloric and other effects are. I despise doing things like that (as does she). But - she's lost several pounds. Part of that is getting a little bit more exercise. But part of it is just knowing the effect of what she eats.

So I'm going to give it a try. What the hell, its free. And I have to admit: seeing the effect of just putting in what we had for dinner made me say OMG...

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I actually lost a little weight a few years ago by writing down everything I ate and then noticing the calories at the end of the day. It subconsciously made me eat less and better.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thats what she says, too. And it does surprise me. The breakfast I just had - french toast, sausage, OJ - was 469 calories. Thats about a third more than I'd have guessed.