Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Blue Pizza

I just got to feed the local police department. It was neat.

What happened was, I drove by the police station the other day (we're pretty small, so we only have one), and I saw a sign out front that said Thanks For Your Support. Which got me to thinking: what kind of support have I ever given them? Moral support, sure, but thats about it. So I dropped an email to their web page email box and said that I'd like to do something to show that support in a more tangible manner. Got a reply from the chief, and we exchanged ideas.

The upshot was that this evening I went to a local pizza place, picked up five large pies -- two cheese, two pepperoni, one sausage -- and brought them to the station, where the cops were having a recurring department meeting. Truth to tell, I was a little apprehensive that this might be too much pizza, but as they came into the room, and I saw the size of these people -- not a fat one there, either -- I thought, maybe I should have brought more . The chief introduced me, I made a little speech, they said thanks, and then I left them to it. And, oh yeah, my daughter, hearing that I was going to meet the entire local police department, had come along, so as we were leaving, she got the thrill of having all of the cops thank her for coming, too.

Way cool.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

That was very cool. Good on you

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you, sir. I was kind of tickled by it, too.

Wastedpapiers said...

It smacks of bribery and corruption to me!