Sunday, February 13, 2005

Trifling with Truffles

I made the truffles yesterday. It was pretty easy, and except for having to haul the chocolate out every quarter hour to stir it, not too tedious. Unfortunately, though, they didn't taste very good.

The inner core of chocolate was good (you can always say, how could it not be, it's chocolate!) but the outer dusting of cocoa powder didn't add very much to the flavor -- it was, in fact, a detriment. I thought about just tossing the batch, but what we're going to do is put them into a thermal bag with a freezer pack and my partner will bring them into her office. She'll warn people that they were a first try, and that they're not as good as I had hoped they would be. A the end of the day, she'll toss the leftovers.

But it was fun, and I'll do it again.

No comments: