Friday, December 30, 2005

Wait, Wait, I'm not Ready!

We just learned that a neighbor is canceling their traditional New Years Eve party because they didn't realize that New Years Eve is.....tomorrow. Apparently, like us, the fact of the day itself being on Sunday threw off the internal chronometer. The 'hook' that we would have pegged as a day of note was already taken - Oh, Yeah, That's Sunday, right - and so that it was also New Years Day, and hence the day after New Years Eve came as a bit of a shock.

I must say, this has been a fairly glum holiday period. I've spent most of it nursing a cold -- last night we actually resuscitated a cold remedy from my childhood -- Vapo-Rub, which for all I know is just pressed sweet bark and Vaseline -- and my daughter, who started the cycle, is now starting to sniffle again. Both of the neighbors kids have been sick, and now we lose our only recurring holiday party. (Well, okay, one neighbor does have a recurring holiday one oriented around football, but the schedule has thrown him for a loop, too; apparently, its going to be on Monday, January 2. We usually go, but because we like them, not because we follow football. I'm not entirely sure I even understand the game. I guess mentioning to my wife that I thought the cheerleaders had great tight ends didn't help.)

Today we're going to go see Narnia, bout which we've heard decent things. Though I do understand there aren't any great chase scenes -- no whooping sirens, no snow speeders, no Imperial Thudders, nothing -- so I'm not sure how much to expect.

Lets get it TOGETHER, people !

No comments: