Friday, December 30, 2005

Confidence

This evening, the three of us went out to dinner. It was in the way of a celebration -- the hospital where I'd been Santa surprised me with a gift card to a local restaurant -- and we even got to see a show on the way -- a tractor trailer had seriously rammed another one on the main highway through this area -- flashing red lights and EMTs all over the place. So far as we could see, no injuries, but a whole lotta shakin' going on.

At dinner -- tortellini alfredo for the offspring, who specified 'no alfredo' to the bemusement of the server; walnut-encrusted salmon for my partner, and my usual elegant fare -- a burger, but hey, I had tiramisu afterward -- we talked about this and that. I got onto the subject of how I'd really like to know what I'm going to be when I grow up (a song so popular my wife knows all the lyrics). It comes down to confidence, I said. I truly believe that, professional certification aside, if you have confidence, you can do anything.

But the getting of the confidence -- ah, there's the rub. How do I do that? Let alone, at this late date?

I'm thinking. Nothing's coming, but I'm thinking....

No comments: