Saturday, December 10, 2005

Frozen

Last weekend, we went out and bought a Christmas tree. To my delight, we did it as I like to do shopping: Get In. Get It. Get Out.

We walked in, saw an acceptable tree, stationed a guard on it while scouts checked out the others, a sales rep came up, the scouts returned and pointed to the tree already found, and we were done. We took it home, stuck it in a bucket with tree nourishing gunk in it, and put it outside to stay fresh (well, as fresh as something could that is, after all, dead) until we were ready for it.

This evening, I stepped outside, lifted the tree out of the bucket, hauled it by main force into the garage (which we keep mildly heated), and leaned it against the wall. Stepping away, brushing the snow off my shirt, I looked down at the trunk and saw: the bucket, firmly attached.

Good thing we weren't planning on putting it up today !

No comments: