Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Action Heroes

This morning, I was standing in the kitchen, making desultory motions toward the getting of breakfast, when I thought of a phrase I had used in responding to a very nice comment by a person who does life coaching. I had said something like 'While we're contemplating the imponderables....' This morning, I thought 'Doesn't that sound like a new action hero team?' Right after the second episode of The Incredibles, they could issue The Imponderables -- a group of fearless philosophers who spring into action from the PsycheCave at the first sign of unrest in the intelligentsia or ennui in the populace, striding boldly, capes flowing, to the latte bar at the local bookstore and settling comfortably into the deep chairs to think the deep thoughts.

I think it could fly.

4 comments:

jo_jo said...

LOL! Cool! I want to join!

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, golly, of course! But you have to design your own costume....

Tabor said...

Only problem is that they really couldn't spring into action could they, I mean if they were philosophers...don't they just ponder?

Cerulean Bill said...

I'd think that if they could resolve Zeno's Paradox, that one would be a snap, T.