Friday, November 25, 2005

Distant Typing

This is a very odd feeling.

After years of typing into the laptop, with my face about ten inches from the screen, or the desktop, with it about twelve inches away, the screen is now about twenty inches away. I feel as if I need my telescope glasses.

The reason is that we did the desk swap, and its worked out pretty well. We have what feels like acres of space for the desk we use for work, and the offspring has a desk that is the right size for her. You have to be a bit careful coming into the room where this desk is, now, because it stretches about two inches closer to the door, which means there is about two inches less clearance as you pass between the desk and the file cabinet, and I foresee some barked hips and shins as a result. And the screen does feel as if I'm outside the drive-in, eyeing the movie and guessing at the words.

This is, I'm pleased to say, a Problem of the Idle Rich.

No comments: