Sunday, March 13, 2005

Getting to know....

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? North Carolina. I have a wonderful image of that place.

2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING? A faded red T Shirt and dark green work pants that have seen better days, and not recently, either.

3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT? Harmony Grove.

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 6:30 a.m.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Kitchen Aid mixer. I like to bake.

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Piano.

7. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue. Preferably dark blue.

8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV? Sports car. I like the Accord Hybrid.

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE? Kind of. I grew up Catholic.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? None come to mind.

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Fall. Warm enough to be comfortable, a bite in the air to give it an edge.

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? Nope, none.

13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Invisibility. Not just to people, but sensors of any kind.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? A little bit.

15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? My friend Marion, who died two years ago. We weren't really close, but I miss her.

16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? The supports for the canopy, some storage boxes.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Saturday.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger-- and I have a great, if complicated, recipe for when I'm in the mood to make the effort.

19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? Don't get frequent responses, though I treasure the ones I do. Well, most of them.

20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME? Geeky Mom.

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Roses.

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? Well-made meatloaf, french fries, apple pie. Home made stromboli is a close second.

24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS. Baggy shorts, sometimes with a T shirt.

25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST? Sausage and home made waffles, or sausage and french toast. Coffee, Ghiradelli or Starbucks Morning Blend.

26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB? Like? Yes. Love? No.

27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? Several. If I'm feeling creative, portrait photographer specializing in families and kids. If I'm feeling smart, designing and implementing advanced computer-based support systems. If I'm feeling ambititious, doctor.

28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE? Somewhere between 57 and 60.

29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? We were in a technical class together and she sat right next to me. She couldn't figure out how someone could look so staid and say such funny things.

30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE. Fly a helicopter. I've flown in a fighter, tanker, glider, biplane, and light plane (the last as pilot). A helicopter just sounds like fun, once you get used to handling three controls at once. Let's see, does the cyclic turn you or change your altitude?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was fun to read. I copied it so I can put it on our family blog. By the way, what do you think happened to #22? I think I'll ask our family to put down five of their favorite movies for that one. Cate

Cerulean Bill said...

I checked. Geeky Mom doesn't have it either. Perhaps someone in the food chain didn't like it, or inadvertantly skipped it?