Sunday, January 16, 2005

Recording Information

I was just reading an article in the Sunday New York Times about Newt Gingrich and his activities in support of health care reform (if you'd told me a year ago that I would be doing that, I'd have looked seriously askance at you), and I thought "Gee, I'd like to make some notes about this article." Because thats the thing -- I read the article, I remember a couple of key points and thats it. But how to do it, given that I'm certainly not going to fire up the laptop or the PC to do it, handwriting is so old school (nothing to do with the fact that my handwriting is virtually illegible at speed, and sometimes less than that).

So I thought Well, what I need is a headset with noise-cancelling mike that feeds into a high quality portable tape recorder (or something with a mini-hard drive); then that gets uploaded into the PC and read by a speech recognition program to produce text output that I later read through for clarity. Oh, and an artificial intelligence system to organize, classify, and correllate the information. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Take care of it.

================
Well, except for the AI part, that was easy.

No comments: