Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Observations

Today was not an overwhelmingly great day.

In no particular order, I found that my stomach rebelled at the consumption of a couple of tacos (and without anything particularly obnoxious on them!); learned that a co-worker whom I think of as 'the idiot' is going to move to a group that I've been agitating to move to; was informed that an account for whom we'd offered to provide some basic services is taking us up on it - their first request is for a custom set of files that our predecessor created -- and right now, too, please; a project which has been hanging fire for about six months is now considered urgent; and, I get to spend about two hours manually updating my ID on about 85 systems, because my employer, the Largest Computer Company In The World, hasn't seen fit to automate the process. Though we did just hold a mass conference on Improving Our Processes, how nice.

I also found myself thinking about the state of affairs in Iraq, and I learned that one proposal for 'saving' Social Security is to reduce payments. Insert bitter post-election comment here.

It is hard at times like this to be even guardedly optimistic. Not that I'm an optimistic sort, normally, but maybe -- just a little bit. Not today, though. I took advantage of the sour stomach and went home for the afternoon, sleeping for an hour on arrival, and then reading a bit about the British Navy. Tomorrow it might be icy, which translates out to Working From Home. I have to remember to be grateful for that -- I know its not all that common.

We'll see how tomorrow goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill. It's Mensmaximus from halfbakery.com
Feel young again there.
AI? that's at halfbakery. My AI three pager is in editing stage now for submission there. It has to work, be a new idea and be accepted by others.

Anonymous said...

The stomach thing could be a problem. I had to take Nature's Lining pills from my health food store owner friend. I'm an amateur expert on food. You're playing with fire.

Cerulean Bill said...

Not sure about that. I think its more a matter of not being able to handle greasy stuff as well as I used to.