Sunday, January 16, 2005

Organizational Effort

My company, The Biggest Darn Computer Company In The World, is trying to implement a standard that has to do with security, one of the great icons of our current world. They are tying themselves in knots trying to keep everyone involved, aware, on board, insert-favorite-buzzword-here. I like to remind them that 'coordination breeds contempt', and they usually laugh, but weakly, as replying "No shit" is considered to be rude.

I would be fascinated to know if anyone has done a readable study of organizational complexity vis a vis speed of execution of something like this. But as I don't know any social scientists, I guess I'll have to wait till some bright young person writes about it in an accessible magazine, like the Times Sunday Magazine or similar. Too bad.

No comments: