Saturday, January 22, 2005

I may grow older, but I'll never grow up

Proof of which is my attitude to the snow which is just arriving now, with an expected accumulation of six to ten inches. In our area, that translates out to something like four inches, virtually guaranteed.

I turned to my wife this morning and said in a tone of mock irritation that this snow was badly timed -- it should have come on Monday, so that I could take the day off. And then, recalling that I usually work from home on Monday, I changed that to 'should have arrived on Tuesday'. Having snow on Saturday, I observed, was the worst possible day -- it'll all be cleared by Monday morning, and there will be no delays, to speak of, at all. And no school delays, either, notes my daughter, to which I nod, commiserating.

I may grow older.....

No comments: