Monday, June 18, 2012

Yearbook

When I was in high school, I got a yearbook each year, but once I had moved out, I didn't want them any more. 
This year, seeing my daughter's yearbook, I had a sudden burst of nostalgia, wishing that my parents had kept them.  So, with some misgivings, I went to the Classmates web site, and found that they had a yearbook from one year that I was there. I ordered one (it's expensive!), and it arrived today.  Its not pristine; they buy yearbooks, including whatever scribbling was in there, and scan them for resale - but it looks just like the original  (I was expecting a cheap photocopy, never mind the price.) I was glad to see it. 

And seeing that seventeen-year-old me delighted me.....

2 comments:

genderist said...

Fun. Mine are at my parents' house, too. Always fun to flip through them when I'm home.

Cerulean Bill said...

Until they came to live with us, my parents lived in an apartment, and for part of that time, they had not only me but two cousins living there. So there wasn't a lot of stray storage space.