Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Evening

Tonight I had a total of three calls on Skype, two of them overlapping a third.  The third was particularly interesting as it was a person I know who wanted to practice some English immediately in preparation for an English proficiency test tomorow.  I think I was able to help.  I hope so.

Not so successful was the second call, which I terminated to take the third one.  I was talking with a young woman whose father, an architect/construction manager is having difficulties with his company -- there have apparently been a lot of slowdowns, and he's concerned about the future of his company.  I tried to console her a bit, but there's really not a lot I could offer.  I felt a little badly about ending the call early, but that other one seemed urgent to me.

And I spoke briefly with a man in south eastern France -- at least, I think that's where he is.  Nothing substantial, though.  We're scheduled to talk on Thursday evening.

Still haven't heard anything from either the family who's supposed to come here in July or from the man I used to talk with two and three times a week.  Both are disappointing to me.

No comments: