Saturday, June 16, 2012

Electoral Thoughts

I'll most likely vote for Obama no matter what.  I believe that Obama is the better of the two, that Romney will lie and distort, and that having him as President would be a very bad thing. We would have a smart person with the morals of George W. Bush.

But this evening, I saw an Obama ad saying that Romney said he could create jobs when he was governor of Massachusetts, and they lost jobs.  I wondered: can he be blamed for that? I would be willing to believe that he did try.  And if he did, if thats true, then the Obama team is doing their own version of lying. Is that our style?

On the other hand, playing fair could cost the election. Losing elections is the Democratic style.   I don't want to lose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know anybody who likes Obama. I have enough against Obama to cause me to vote for any better candidate. Which leads me to think this has got to be the worst combination of Republican candidates I have ever seen in my whole life. Romney won out and I admit to thinking more of his father that I do the son, but I can't vote for him. As much as I'd like to teach Obama a lesson, this time around, I have to give him my vote. and that's the way it is at this point in time.

Cerulean Bill said...

If people vote for Romney to teach Obama a lesson -- and I'm not sure that he needs one, though I agree he's gone a bit far -- and as a result Romney gets elected, it will be the people themselves who learn the lesson. The lesson being, You don't cut your nose off to spite your face. Romney's simply a smarter Bush.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm an Obama fan(duh)and not voting for Obama is not even on my radar..Romney is so out of touch with people and especially women, I wouldn't vote for him for alderman.