Saturday, November 05, 2011

Playing

Tonight we did something we haven't done for a very long time. My wife and I went out to see a play.

It was a local theater presentation of Hamlet. It was very nicely done -- mostly polished, with a large cast and a lot of energy, particularly from the fellow in the lead role, who pranced and scampered and leaped all over the stage, being sad and buoyant and melancholy and exuberant by turns. It was particularly captivating because this was a small 'theater in the round' presentation, and we were in the front row. For several of his monologues, Hamlet was right in our faces, staring at us, scowling and muttering and laughing and gesturing.

We had a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It's been a couple of years since I've seen a play. And that was in Lubbock at Texas Tech University. I guess those days are over. I can't drive at night.

Cerulean Bill said...

There's always matinees, from the French for "Ha Ha, you people are all working and I'm off watching entertainment."