Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Technology

If you'd like a clear indicator of how the glitterati et al are different from you and me, read James Fallows' article about how his wife's GMail account was hacked -- and how Google went way beyond what they said they could do, because, as it turns out, he knows the chairman. And the chief technology officer.

To my mind, the article is way too long -- too much I met with this important person, I talked with these smart people, I flogged it to Google Central and met with powerful, smart people) -- but its meat is in the last couple of paragraphs.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer and in the mean time, hope you are having fun.

Cerulean Bill said...

Actually, except for having at my thumb with a knife the other day, I am. French is continually captivating, for one thing. And baking is fun.