Sunday, September 25, 2011

Travel

I saw on another blog a comment about the writer's husband, who was leaving on another long trip. I know that trips, even pleasant ones, can be tedious and enervating, but still, I'd like to do more of it. (Okay, I admit it: I'd like to go back to a certain house in a certain small town in France, and just hang out.)

Not that I dislike how our life is going. My wife -- well, we're just happy that she's still employed. Her company is in the running for the worst board of directors in the country, so no one knows from week to week if they'll be employed. We're a long way from the days when we thought the 'quality' movement would give the company a golden future.We've got enough money that if she had to stop working, we'd be okay -- but, well, I'd miss her (since we'd only be able to fund that kind of trip for one of us....)

No comments: