Sunday, September 25, 2011

Results

I've been doing the bike for two weeks now. Thirty two minutes a day at the start. Forty minutes a day now. It's not easy, but it's not terrible. I'm doing it because decades ago (literally) when my wife and I got the exercise bike, we both did it religiously, and almost nothing else. And one day we each realized that our clothes were looser.

A book I'm reading, about body-weight exercise, written by a guy who's a professional - ex-SEAL, trains high-performance people like Army Rangers and such -- says this is bushwah, that cardio exercise does nothing, it's gotta be strength training, that's what does it.

All I know is, I've lost three pounds. So I think I'll do this for a while. I know it can't be just this, that a decent plan should incorporate dietary awareness and strength training. But still -- gonna keep doing this till it stops giving me benefit.

Three pounds in two weeks? I'll take it.

No comments: